Breakdown of our process
- Establish full details of your current investments and imputing into our systems.
- Discovering your aims, requirements and objectives. For example growth, income or a combination of the two.
- Complete a risk profile questionairre with you to help us determine your attitude to investment risk. This allows us to calculate how much risk you are prepared to take to reach your goals.
- Provide a profiling report.
- Confirm with you that your risk profile seems appropriate and ensure that you understand the boundaries of your risk level.
Construction of Portfolio and Allocation of Assets
- Identify from equities & shares, bonds & gilts and/or cash deposits your preferred options.
- Generate model portfolios based on your risk profile, your preferences and previous returns and results.
- Test portfolios against models to determine the solution with the best rate of return for your given risk profile.
- Review product mix with you to adjust for personal requirements or constraints, to include ethical and emotional views.
- Confirm that proposed portfolio matches your risk profile and preferences.
Review of Existing Investments
- Provide an analysis of your existing investments.
- Review against the portfolio prepared and agreed.
- Advise on any changes required to existing investments, where possible, to improve performance and to reach your targets.
- We restrict our taxation advice to the collective investments rather than to individual products, shares or securities.
- By using collective investment funds the risk is spread over a larger number of securities.
- In addition collective funds benefit from a variety of ‘tax wrappers’, for example Unit Trusts & OEICs, ISAs, Investment Trusts, Pensions and Investment Bonds each have their our taxation framework.
- The choice and selection of ‘tax wrappers’ is based on your own tax status.
Report to Client
- Provide outline factsheets, further information and confirm funds, portfolios and ‘tax wrappers’ with you.
- Determine that the risk from the full investment portfolio is in line with your own risk profile.
- Illustrate the likely outcomes and benefits of following our advice.
- Give details on why we have made the choices and suggestions we propose.
- Confirm our fees and charges.
- Agree and confirm an ongoing course of action with you.
Administration and Implementation
- Arrange for new investments and switch existing funds where appropriate
- Update records with latest valuations for you regularly electronically or manually as required.
- Maintain up to date records of your current personal and financial details.
Prepare regular portfolio valuations.
- As investments within the portfolio may grow at varying rates and change the balance review regularly and advice you of any possible changes.
- Discuss with you the impact of any changes to your portfolio and investment plan.
- Make the changes to your investments only with your confirmation and re-review regularly.
Ongoing Core Activities
- Be available to discuss any queries you may have.
- Maintain ongoing review of alternative funds and portfolio options.
- Ensure that we are abreast of the latest taxation rules, Government and legislative situations, and other changes and compliance issues in the financial sector.
The value of your investments can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested.